Vintage Trains Stewards
Volunteers provide support to the Birmingham Railway Museum Trust subsidiaries i.e. Tyseley Locomotive Works, the Visitor Centre and Vintage Trains.
Volunteers must be members of Vintage Trains Society.
There are number of ways that volunteers can provide support covering a wide range of activities.
Please note that all volunteers are welcome, and we will endeavour to match their aspirations with the opportunities available. However it must be understood that for the operational activities, individuals will need to undergo appropriate supervised training and assessment of suitability. There may be very limited requirements for more volunteers for some operational activities.
Some Volunteer Areas
Some of these are mentioned in the list here....
- Locomotive and rolling stock restoration
- Mainline activities e.g. train stewards, sales stand, buffet service, ticket collection
- Locomotive and rolling stock preparation & disposal
- Museum Archives & Records
- Publicity & Marketing
- Manning display stands at exhibitions, shows and other events
- Visitor Centre, Works & Depot Site maintenance
- Tyseley Visitor Hosting & Stewarding
- Magazine, Newsletter & Web Site development
- plus a whole range of other sundry activities..
Your Next Step...
If you believe that you can spare a few hours to help or would like more information, then please leave your name with a steward on one of our trains or at the Visitor Centre Shop or e-mail us by clicking the link (including you name & address or, if you are a member, your membership number) with details of your skills and areas of interest.