This page lists the locomotives based at Tyseley Locomotive Works and Steam Depot.
Several engines form part of the Tyseley Collection under the guardianship of Birmingham Railway Museum Trust.
Other engines belong to private individuals and third-party groups.
This list is maintained on a best endeavours basis. Locomotives may move away from Tyseley on assignments or to a new home base. Other locomotives may arrive at the Works for attention and/or to become based at Tyseley.
* Guest Engines includes locos & new builds where TLW has an involvement with the project.
Click on a locomotive link for engine profiles - details an/or photographs.
- GWR Hall 4-6-0 4965 Rood Ashton Hall
- GWR Castle 4-6-0 5043 Earl of Mount Edgcumbe
- GWR Castle 4-6-0 5080 Defiant
- GWR Castle 4-6-0 7029 Clun Castle
- GWR 5700 0-6-0PT 7752
- GWR 5700 0-6-0PT 7760
- GWR 5700 0-6-0PT 9600
- LMS Jubilee 4-6-0 5593 Kolhapur
- 670 LNWR Bloomer 2-2-2
- Industrial Hawthorn Leslie 0-4-0ST Henry
- BR 08 0-6-0 EE Diesel 13029
- BR 47 Co-Co Brush Diesel 47 773
- BR 50 Co-Co EE Diesel 50 033 Glorious
Guest Engines *:
- GWR County 4-6-0 1014 County of Glamorgan
- GWR 2800 2-8-0 2885
- GWR 5101 2-6-2T 4110
- GWR 5101 2-6-2T 4121
- GWR Manor 4-6-0 7802 Bradley Manor
- LMS Patriot 4-6-0 45551 The Unknown Warrior
- LMS Jubilee 4-6-0 45596 Bahamas
- LMS Princess 4-6-2 6201 Princess Elizabeth
- GER F5 2-4-2T 789
- Industrial Austerity J94 0-6-0ST 71480
- Industrial Peckett & Sons 0-4-0ST 2004
- BR 37 Co-Co EE Diesel 37 263
- BR 40 1-Co-Co-1 EE Diesel 40 118
- Industrial Ruston and Hornsby 0-4-0 299099
- Industrial Ruston and Hornsby 0-6-0 347747
- Industrial Rolls Royce Sentinel 0-6-0 10255
- Industrial Baguley Petrol 0-4-0 800
- BR 121 DMBS Pressed Steel 55034
Tyseley Locomotive Works and Steam Depot is not open to the public except for special Tyseley Open Days.
Open Days provide opportunities to see the locomotives within the depot either in steam or on static display.
Some locomotives may not be on view in areas accessible by visitors at certain events. Others may be away at other railway centres. We endeavour to pre-announce which locomotives will be in steam and those that will be in the public viewing areas.
A full list of all locomotives plus a list of passenger stock based at Tyseley can be downloaded from here in pdf format.
To get a free pdf reader - click this link